Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Maya Projects

I signed up for this class last-minute after the faculty opened up a new section, which pushed me to take 3 studios in a semester.  Initially I disliked Maya because it was giving me a lot of problems and I was a Photoshop newbie.  Gradually, I found myself liking it more and more, and now I really do miss the class.  I've learned quite a lot from it, and my professor Dave Gustlin is awesome.  

Here are the renders of my projects.

Our first real project, a Native American shield.  We learned how to make UV maps and color maps.



A Civil War-era belt buckle.  This project taught us how to paint bump maps in Photoshop.


An old trade knife.  We applied a specular map [for shininess] plus the color maps and bump maps.  Probably one of my favorites of the class projects.




A bullet and cartridge.  Taught us how to use AO maps and reflections.  




A Native American war club.  This was a last-minute-proposed project when my professor, Dave, decided we should learn how to model using NURBS [Non-uniform Rational B-Splines].  Yeah, I don't know what that means.  The feather was just an image that was fixed up in Photoshop.



No comments:

Post a Comment